Re: No such database - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: No such database
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi

On Tuesday, August 28, 2012, Scott Robinson wrote:
Dear All,

I am new to pgAdmin, running v9.1 on Windows Vista (much to my dismay).

I am trying to set up a connection to a public server at flybase.org, the details of which are listed at http://gmod.org/wiki/Public_Chado_Databases under "direct chado access". Using any of the settings for "maintenance DB" in the drop-down menu I get the error:

"Error connecting to the server: ERROR: No such database: postgres" (or template1 or whatever).

Does this mean one can only connect to a public database if it is "set up" for pgAdmin on the server side or is there a different mode of connection which doesn't involve a "maintenance DB"?

Apologies in advance if I have missed something obvious in the documentation.

You can type any database name there - the ones in the list are just defaults.  Just enter 'flybase' (without the quotes) and your should be good to go.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company