Re: Re: [pgsql-www] We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Re: [pgsql-www] We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 7:12 PM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner
<stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:

> http://yum.postgresql.org/howtoyum.php clearly tells that the above is
> necessary as well on redhat if you want to override the distribution
> packages:
>
> --
> As root, cd /etc/yum.repos.d
> Edit distro's .repo file:
>
>     On Fedora, edit fedora.repo and fedora-updates.repo, [fedora] sections
>     On CentOS, edit CentOS-Base.repo, [base] and [updates] sections.
>     On Red Hat, edit edit /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/rhnplugin.conf [main]
> section.
>
> Add
> exclude=postgresql*
> --
>
> so I still think they are equivalent...

Adding one line to a file doesn't make it equivalent - it's still a
more complex procedure. Further, that line is not required with a Yum
installation at all - the instructions on www.postgresql.org are
complete (and actually a little more complex than they need to be -
you don't need to use the command line at all in fact).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company