Re: PostgreSQL package download for Solaris 11.4 - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: PostgreSQL package download for Solaris 11.4
Date
List pgsql-www

On Tue, 23 Aug 2022 at 08:27, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 7:00 AM Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Aug 22, 2022 at 02:53:12PM -0700, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> > > Personally (and stated in earlier threads) I am not a fan of linking
> > > offsite to downloads. If you wanted to make the downloads available on
> > > community infrastructure, I could get behind that.
> >
> > Since as of now only this:
> >
> > https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/
> >
> > has links that stay on site I'm saying the ship has sailed on that.
>
> +1

Agreed.

Now if we are talking about providing Solaris downloads on our own
site again, that's definitely something we can discuss. IIRC not a
single person comlpained/noted when we removed them when they stopped
being maintained -- but no complaints doesn't mean that nobody is
using them. And if Marcel is willing to commit to maintaining them
again, then we should definitely consider it. But that includes things
like timely updates after every minor release, and maintaining all
versions, not just 13 and 14 (assuming there is not a technical reason
making it *impossible* to build other versions).

> Also, I don't think it's fair to complain about the javascript part.  While I
> agree it's laughable that it's now apparently impossible to find a page that
> displays text or links without millions of lines code of javascript, EDB is
> AFAICS currently exactly doing that.  On my browser (which always runs with
> javascript disabled), I see
> https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads is
> yielding "Not supported" for all major versions on Windows.

Please report that as a bug to EDB (webmaster@enterprisedb.com),
because I'm pretty sure that's not how it's supposed to be.

It's definitely not.