Re: [pgAdmin4][RM#3014] Fix validation issues while creating new sequence - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][RM#3014] Fix validation issues while creating new sequence
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 3:54 PM, Joao De Almeida Pereira <jdealmeidapereira@pivotal.io> wrote:
Hi Murtuza,
Looks good.
Was there any reason for the change in position of the if statements in the sql file. Makes the output more readable?
Looks like we need some test to ensure that the Sequence issue does not happen again. Maybe a Unit Test is good enough, to ensure that we are creating a good SQL

I think we need to come up with a framework or standard method for testing the generated SQL and reverse engineered SQL for all objects. That's been bugging me for a while - the problem is that for just a single object type there may be thousands of possible combinations of options to test to ensure complete coverage.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company