Re: Time for a 9.3 release? - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Time for a 9.3 release?
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 8:12 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
<hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
> On 09.05.2013 08:06, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> On Thu, 2013-05-02 at 09:54 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>>>
>>> If everything goes to the plan, PostgreSQL 9.3 beta will be released in
>>> the new few weeks, and I just saw a thread on the pgsql-jdbc list on
>>> releasing a 9.3 JDBC driver for the beta
>>>
>>> (http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1367433610.6768.15.camel@lenovo01-laptop03.gunduz.org).
>>>
>>> I think we should also make a 9.3 release of the ODBC driver. There's
>>> been a lot of bug fixes since the last release, so it's time to make a
>>> new release anyway.
>>

>> Any updates with this? 9.3 will be officially announced on Monday.
>

> Looks like we won't make that...
>
> I could help with getting the release out, but I have no idea how to do it.
> Hiroshi? Dave? Is there a readme or something on how to make a release? Who
> builds the Windows binaries?

Saito-san normally handles the releases these days. There's not much
to it - just build and upload the packages, then send an announcement.

I haven't built a release in years, so I expect it would take me a
while to get a suitable build environment sorted out - I don't really
have time to work on that at the moment I'm afraid.

--
Dave Page
Chief Architect, Tools & Installers

Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com