Re: funny that pgadmin4-1.0-beta3-x86.exe even cann't connect to greenplumb db - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: funny that pgadmin4-1.0-beta3-x86.exe even cann't connect to greenplumb db
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 6:36 AM, George Lin <jiaxinlin@live.com> wrote:
> Dear sir,
>

>      I am a newbie for postgres, now I am using pgadmin4 for win7 system to
> connect to greenplumb 4.3.8.0,
>
> although thirdparty of Navicat can easily connect to greenplumb db,
> but it is funny that pgadmin4-1.0-beta3-x86.exe even cann't connect to
> greenplumb db, the error is :
>

> Unable to connect to server:
>
> ERROR: unrecognized configuration parameter "bytea_output"
>
> The attechment is the error screen snapshot.

Noone has written any support got Greenplum for pgAdmin 4. We'd
welcome patches that add it, but it's not something my team are going
to be working on I'm afraid.

>     And by the way, is it true that pgadmin4 or 3 can display
> greenplumb-specific features that navicat cann't display and monitor ?
>

>     I would very appreciate your quickly answers and help as soon as
> possible!

pgAdmin 3 has some support for Greenplum object types that are not in
PostgreSQL. I don't know about Navicat, so cannot give any comparison
to that.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com