Re: How do I tell pgAdmin 4 to not harass me with pointless extra clicks every single time I want to use it? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: How do I tell pgAdmin 4 to not harass me with pointless extra clicks every single time I want to use it?
Date
In response to Re: How do I tell pgAdmin 4 to not harass me with pointless extra clicks every single time I want to use it?  (Mark Murawski <markm-lists@intellasoft.net>)
Responses Re: How do I tell pgAdmin 4 to not harass me with pointless extra clicks every single time I want to use it?  (Mark Murawski <markm-lists@intellasoft.net>)
List pgadmin-support

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 3:37 AM Mark Murawski <markm-lists@intellasoft.net> wrote:

I'm no where near an MS-Fanboy, but honestly it might have been a
smoother life cycle with better usability had the whole thing been
developed in C# on Mono.

C# on Mono would have been my preference had we started retiring pgAdmin 3 a few years earlier. However, when we did do that, one of the requirements we set was to have pgAdmin be able to run as a web based interface so it could run as a service in cloud environments, and that wasn't feasible with a C#/Mono based design. Running like that, based on download stats etc, is easily the most popular way of running pgAdmin, so I don't regret that part of the decision.

I still can't barely use pgadmin4 for my workflow, and I've been
patiently waiting since September 2016 (1.0) to do so.

What are you waiting for exactly? If there are specific features that prevent you from doing so, it would help to know what they are exactly.

I've since moved
on with my workhorse PG guis to be omnidb and datagrip, but keep up with
the pgadmin4 updates for a just in case release that might give me a
reason to use it again for day to day.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com