Re: F5 - irritating behaviour - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: F5 - irritating behaviour
Date
Re: F5 - irritating behaviour  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
List pgadmin-support

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 9:35 AM, Johann Spies <jspies@sun.ac.za> wrote:
On Debian in Firefox

If I terminate a running query, change it and press F5 again, a
notification jumps up asking me whether I want to leave the page!

Then I have to use the mouse to activate the query again.

It sounds like Firefox is grabbing the keypress. That shouldn't happen as long as the query tool has focus. Is that the case?

I am not actually sure whether it is always after a query was terminated
that this happens.  I am just getting a bit fed-up with this behaviour.

Is there a way to get Ctl-E back as it was on pgadmin3?

I honestly had no idea Ctrl+E worked in pgAdmin III. The documented key was F5 there too.

We are looking into the idea of making shortcut keys configurable, so that may solve this.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company