Re: The purpose of the core team - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: The purpose of the core team
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Timing *decisions* are not made by -core, as I've told you in the
>> past. They are made by the packagers who do the actual work, based on
>> suggestions from -core.
>
> You have told me that in the past, and I do not accept that it is true.
>
> The suggestions from -core are always accepted, or as near as makes no
> difference.  So in effect, -core decides.

No, that means we have some very committed people handling the release
process, who are mostly able to put in the effort on the dates
suggested, and on the odd occasion when they can't for some reason, we
(core and packagers) figure out the best date for everyone involved.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company