Re: sudo inconsistencies in download pages - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: sudo inconsistencies in download pages
Date
List pgsql-www

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 5:40 PM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
On 10/30/20 1:03 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> The new download pages that generate "copy/paste scripts" include sudo
>> in the instructions for debian and ubuntu, but not for redhat and
>> centos. That seems inconsistent :) We should probably be consistent
>> there, or is there a particular reason not to be?
>
> Can't see a reason not to include it on the Red Hat side.

+1. Doing a scan of other projects, it seems to be acceptable to include
"sudo" as part of providing installation instructions.

Does sudo work out of the box on CentOS/RHEL 6? Otherwise I don't see a problem with it.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com