Re: Planet posting policy - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Planet posting policy
Date
List pgsql-www
On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>> I think that blog post itself is a very good example of content we
>> *don't* necessarily want on planet.
>
> See, while for me it's exactly the kind of post I think *should* be
> included.  Because I'm a working consultant, I'm interested in what the
> various commercial forks can do for my customers, and as a PostgreSQL
> hacker I'm interested in what the various commercial tools tell us about
> our users.  As long as it's not press releases.

Right - and we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that Planet isn't
their primarily for us; it's there for the users. Some of them
probably only want to know about PostgreSQL itself, whilst others will
certainly be interested in the entire eco-system around PostgreSQL.

In just about every other aspect of what we do, we encourage input and
content from commercial and OSS product vendors alike, both about
their products and because they're vendors we're happy to be
associated with; news, events, announcements, press quotes, the
product catalogue etc. etc. Planet is the only exception to this I can
think of.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com