Re: [pgadmin-hackers] hello (and .git folder) - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgadmin-hackers] hello (and .git folder)
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 11:00 PM, Catonano <catonano@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dave,

>> Hi
>>
>> That's intentional - the script uses git to ensure we only ship files
>> in the pip wheel that are expected to be in the source tree.
>>

> thanks for your prompt reply
>
> I'm not sure I understand your answer
>
> Is the tarball the wrong way to try to build pgadmin4 ?

Some of our *packages* (Python wheel and Mac Appbundle iirc) require
building from a GIT checkout. RPMs, DEBs and other packages can be
built from the tarball, as can a personal build for your own use.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company