Re: Upgrade.bat does nothing for 1.16.0 - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Upgrade.bat does nothing for 1.16.0
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 8:10 PM, Guy Rouillier <guyr-ml1@burntmail.com> wrote:
> Many thanks to the PgAdmin team for their years-long dedication to providing
> a top-notch end-user grahical tool for PostgreSQL.
>
> I normally simply run the MSI file to upgrade from one version to the next.
> This time, I decided to try the supplied upgrade.bat to see what if anything
> it did differently; I thought maybe it provided a hands-free upgrade.
> Unfortunately, it didn't do anything for me (Windows 7 64-bit, current on
> all updates.)  I ran it, and it showed the setup program.  I got the popup
> from Windows asking me if I wanted to allow this program to make changes to
> my computer.  Once I clicked Ok, the setup window did something for about 3
> more seconds and closed.  When I started PgAdmin from the start menu,
> version 1.14 was still installed.

You cannot upgrade from 1.14 to 1.16 - different major versions will
always install side-by-side. The upgrade script allows you to upgrade
a minor version, for example, from 1.16.0-beta4 to 1.16.0, or 1.16.1
to 1.16.2.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com