Re: [GENERAL] Have just libpg installer - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Igor Korot
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Have just libpg installer
Date
Re: [GENERAL] Have just libpg installer
Re: [GENERAL] Have just libpg installer
List pgsql-general
Adrian,

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 7:28 PM, Adrian Klaver
<adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
> On 05/23/2017 04:15 PM, Igor Korot wrote:
>>
>> Adrian,
>>
>> On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 5:52 PM, Adrian Klaver
>> <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> On 05/23/2017 09:12 AM, Igor Korot wrote:
>>>>

>> Yes, I mean libpq.
>> Now yes, I can install it from the package manager or from source by
>> just running
>> ../configure and then make inside src/interface, since I can't find
>> the binaries anywhere.
>

> Your second sentence is at odds with your first one. You can find the
> binaries, they are in the packages.
>
> Still not sure what the conditions are that lead to building from source?

Because I can't find libpg.so or libpg.dylib or libpg.Framework anywhere.

Is there a place to get them?

>> Especially for OSX as I have 10.8 here.
>

> What is the exact issue with OS X?
>
> You want a specific version of Postgres or something else?

No.
The reason being: mySQL Connector has binaries for different OSX version.

But I guess PostgreSQL is different.

>> Now, what about Windows? Is there any prebuilt libraries I can use
>> from MSVC 2010?
>

> I tend to keep a 10' pole length away from Windows, so I am probably not the
> best person to answer this. Though that has not stopped me before, so:
>
> https://www.enterprisedb.com/download-postgresql-binaries

Is it for server or for a client?

Thank you.