Fwd: [pgsql-jobs] PostreSQL Engineer and DBA! Atlanta, GA - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sujit K M
Subject Fwd: [pgsql-jobs] PostreSQL Engineer and DBA! Atlanta, GA
Date
List pgsql-general
FYI, I was told this needs to be posted in
pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org simply because
the jobs mailing list does not let you reply keeping the mailing list
in loop. I expect a answer from
experts on this. I find this particular job ad to be very offensive in
terms of an expectancy from
any person looking for job.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sujit K M <kmsujit@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, May 6, 2015 at 8:04 PM
Subject: Re: [pgsql-jobs] PostreSQL Engineer and DBA! Atlanta, GA
To: Jason May <jmay@ionicsecurity.com>
Cc: "pgsql-jobs@postgresql.org" <pgsql-jobs@postgresql.org>

<snip>

> POSTGRESQL ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES:
>
> As a senior level Postgres engineer you will be working with a small team actively involved in all aspects of
Postgresdesign and development including:

> ·        Schema decisions
>
> ·        Postgres HA and multi-master design
>
> ·        Application interfaces
>
> ·        Code implementation

Are you looking for a freshman in college? These are things that are
taught to them.

> REQUIREMENTS
>
> ·        5+ years of experience with active development with PostgreSQL
>
> ·        5+ years of experience with PostgreSQL configurations including hot-standby replication and multi-master
>
> ·        5+ years of experience using C, C++, and/or Java
>
> ·        Experience with Test Driven Development a plus
>
> ·        Current knowledge of RESTful API design required
>
> ·        Knowledge of multithreaded, transaction based programming
>
> ·        Experience with GoLang
>
> ·        Knowledge of MongoDB
>
> ·        Experience working in an Agile development
>
> ·        Knowledge and experience with network and application security practices
>
> ·        Knowledge and experience with Secure Programming
>
> ·        Be able to work cooperatively with a small team of developers
>
> ·        Self starter who’s eager to learn new technologies and approaches to solving complex problems

Though I will not say these are skills that you look for a DBA. But
the list of want to have's are far too
many. I would like to know your justification for these. Please
remember when you look for candidates
there should be fair deal of integrity and clarity to what you want to achieve.