Re: plpythonu.control missing after build from git repository - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Seref Arikan
Subject Re: plpythonu.control missing after build from git repository
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom,
Thanks a lot! For some reason, I was under the impression that contrib would include python. the --with-python switch did the trick.

Best regards
Seref

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 9:35 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Seref Arikan <serefarikan@kurumsalteknoloji.com> writes:
> After building postgresql from the git repository, I've tried to create a
> db that I have, and I've faced the exact same problem described here:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2012-02/msg00753.php
> Basically, the extension directory does not contain plpythonu.control. I've
> build with gmake world and installed accordingly.

Did you configure with --with-python?  Perhaps you built against a
Python 3 installation?  (plpythonu is an alias for plpython2, so it
wouldn't get made then.)

                        regards, tom lane