Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Is the Postgres Association part of smile.amazon.com? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Is the Postgres Association part of smile.amazon.com?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 12 Apr 2017, at 20:23, Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> wrote:
> On 12 Apr 2017, at 20:17, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
<snip>
>> Right, this would be just for 'The United States PostgreSQL
>> Association', aka PgUS (https://postgresql.us).  There's other
>> non-profits in other places, of course (eg: PostgreSQL Europe,
>> https://www.postgresql.eu/).  Perhaps that comes up as an organization
>> for Amazon or Paypal for folks in Europe..?
>
> Good thinking.  Just checked that PayPal Hub page again (from UK):
>
>  https://www.paypal.com/fundraiser/hub
>
> These search keywords had absolutely no result though:
>
>  * PostgreSQL
>  * Postgres
>  * PG.EU
>  * PG
>  * PgUS (tested just in case :>)

On the PayPal search results page, it has the following extra text:

  It looks like the charity you’re looking for isn’t here.
  If you think they aren’t on PayPal, let them know you are looking
  for them. Enrolling is quick and simple.

And this link:

  https://www.paypal.com/givingfund/

That seems to be the sign up page for Charities to get on the PayPal
list.

Maybe something for PostgreSQL Europe to consider?

As as aside, having new US and EU charity bits in place would also make
a stronger case for -announce email. :D

+ Justin

- Indira Gandhi