Re: [bug fix] Suppress "autovacuum: found orphan temp table" message - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From MauMau
Subject Re: [bug fix] Suppress "autovacuum: found orphan temp table" message
Date
List pgsql-hackers
From: "Andres Freund" <andres@2ndquadrant.com>
> On 2014-07-22 10:09:04 +0900, MauMau wrote:
>> Is there any problem if we don't output the message?
>
> Yes. The user won't know that possibly gigabytes worth of diskspace
> aren't freed.

RemovePgTempFiles() frees the disk space by removing temp relation files at
server start.  In addition, the temp relation files are not replicated to
the standby server of streaming replication (this is the customer's case).
So, those messages seem no more than just the noise.

With this, are those messages really necessary?

Regards
MauMau