Re: Retrieving a list of tables - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Duncan Adams (DNS)
Subject Re: Retrieving a list of tables
Date
List pgsql-php
select * from pg_tables where name not like 'pg_%';

\dS gives you a list of system tables.

with psql -E

\dt gives you

SELECT c.relname as "Name", 'table'::text as "Type", u.usename as "Owner"
FROM pg_class c, pg_user u
WHERE c.relowner = u.usesysid AND c.relkind = 'r'
  AND not exists (select 1 from pg_views where viewname = c.relname)
  AND c.relname !~ '^pg_'
UNION
SELECT c.relname as "Name", 'table'::text as "Type", NULL as "Owner"
FROM pg_class c
WHERE c.relkind = 'r'
  AND not exists (select 1 from pg_views where viewname = c.relname)
  AND not exists (select 1 from pg_user where usesysid = c.relowner)
  AND c.relname !~ '^pg_'

ORDER BY "Name"