Re: 9.3 Beta 1 Coming Soon! - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: 9.3 Beta 1 Coming Soon!
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Apr 19, 2013, at 5:52 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 04/19/2013 02:16 PM, Erikjan Rijkers wrote:

>>>  * More JSON stuff
>>
>> Checksums ?  (even if it's not quite ready :-))
>
> Feh, this is really a "grab bag" release, isn't it?

I think it's a testament to how strong the last several releases have been.  This is an "enhancement release" on top of
allthe major features that have been added to the 9.x series, and while it might not be as flashy as "{async, sync}
streamingreplication" or hot standbys, this release provides a good opportunity to build on the work of the earlier 9.x
releases.

By framing it as a "building on the work of XYZ from 9.2" we can promote all the enhancements that 9.3 offers.

Jonathan