Re: Postgres does not start, gives no error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Akhtar Yasmin-B05532
Subject Re: Postgres does not start, gives no error
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I am using the following command to start the database:

pg_ctl start -p 5432 -D /home/data/www/pg7/data

Yes I know, 7.2 is a very old version, but that's what we have to work
with for now..
:-(
-----Original Message-----
From: Raymond O'Donnell [mailto:rod@iol.ie]
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 2:54 PM
To: Akhtar Yasmin-B05532
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Postgres does not start, gives no error

On 03/09/2008 20:11, Akhtar Yasmin-B05532 wrote:

> I am facing this peciliar problem.I am using postgres 7.2.2 installed
> on solaris.

I know this isn't helpful to your particular problem, but 7.2.* is VERY
old - in fact, I don't think it's even maintained any more.

Also, the command you used to start PG didn't come though in your email
- can you re-post it please?

Ray.

rod@iol.ie Galway Cathedral Recitals:
http://www.galwaycathedral.org/recitals