firewall trouble on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Boylan, Ross
Subject firewall trouble on Windows
Date
List pgsql-general
I have a physical machine H (host) running a virtual machine V.  Both are Win 10 64 bit; vmware provides the
virtualization.
Symantec EndPoint Protection (SEP) on H is blocking attempts to connect to my postgres 12 server  running on V.  I am
tryingto get it to permit the necessary traffic.

I'm pretty sure the installation of postgres takes care of this automatically:
1) SEP is running on V, but does not block the traffic (after disabling SEP on H)
2) H allowed the traffic a week ago and only started blocking after I uninstalled PG 11 from H.

So my guess is there is some fairly generic way of requesting access.  But I don't know what it is.  Any ideas, or
pointersto the Windows installation code that's doing this?

There are instructions on the net for allowing access via Windows Firewall.  But that is disabled on H, and all the
configurationoptions take me to SEP.  SEP allows exceptions, but I haven't found anything that looks like a firewall
exception(as opposed to a virus or file exception).  Our admins have also not found out how to pull this off.

Thanks.
Ross Boylan