Re: firewall trouble on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: firewall trouble on Windows
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/8/19 12:41 PM, Boylan, Ross wrote:
> I have a physical machine H (host) running a virtual machine V.  Both are Win 10 64 bit; vmware provides the
virtualization.
> Symantec EndPoint Protection (SEP) on H is blocking attempts to connect to my postgres 12 server  running on V.  I am
tryingto get it to permit the necessary traffic.

> I'm pretty sure the installation of postgres takes care of this automatically:
> 1) SEP is running on V, but does not block the traffic (after disabling SEP on H)
> 2) H allowed the traffic a week ago and only started blocking after I uninstalled PG 11 from H.
>
> So my guess is there is some fairly generic way of requesting access.  But I don't know what it is.  Any ideas, or
pointersto the Windows installation code that's doing this?

> There are instructions on the net for allowing access via Windows Firewall.  But that is disabled on H, and all the
configurationoptions take me to SEP.  SEP allows exceptions, but I haven't found anything that looks like a firewall
exception(as opposed to a virus or file exception).  Our admins have also not found out how to pull this off.

?:

https://support.symantec.com/us/en/article.howto80775.html

--
Adrian Klaver