Re: Centos 7 - anyone? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Edson Richter
Subject Re: Centos 7 - anyone?
Date
List pgsql-general
I've found this very useful:

http://people.planetpostgresql.org/devrim/index.php?/archives/82-Running-more-than-one-9.4-9.3-instance-in-parallel-on-RHEL-7.html

Atenciosamente,

Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter
On 10-11-2014 16:45, Edson Richter wrote:
Hi!

I've just received a new server, and I've the intention to install Centos7 and PostgreSQL 9.3.5.
After installing the yum repo (as described in http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/), I've installed everything I need with the command

yum install postgresql93 postgresql93-server postgresql93-contrib

Which eventually worked very well.
After that, I've created a /etc/sysconfig/pgsql/postgresql-9.3 configuration file (as I used to do in Centos 6.5), and then "service postgresql-9.3 initdb" ! crash, bang, boom.
Wont work, with error:

"[root@localhost pgsql]# service postgresql-9.3 initdb
The service command supports only basic LSB actions (start, stop, restart, try-restart, reload, force-reload, status). For other actions, please try to use systemctl.
[root@localhost pgsql]# systemctl --help
systemctl [OPTIONS...] {COMMAND} ..."

So, I've learned that is a new way of doing things... Reading the yum repository documentation, I've learned:

"postgresql-setup initdb
systemctl enable postgresql.service"

Which works partially: it have not taken my /etc/sysconfig/postgresql-9.3 configuration file for path and other things.

Can anyone point me what I've done wrong?

Thanks,