Postgresql 9.1 on VMWare ESXi 5.0 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Edson Richter
Subject Postgresql 9.1 on VMWare ESXi 5.0
Date
List pgsql-general
Dear friends,

Anyone has experienced extreme slowness running PostgreSQL 9.1.4 on
virtualized CentOS 5.8 on VMware ESXi 5.0 (with all Paravirtualized
drivers)?

By extreme slowness, consider a query that brings one record from a
table with 5000 records (using the PK as criteria) takes 200ms... for
comparision, it takes 0ms in my local server (not virtualized).

I can see that disks have almost same performance as physical disks:
110Mb/s.

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edson