“FATAL: role “username” does not exist”. Thanks. - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Matt Russo (mrusso)
Subject “FATAL: role “username” does not exist”. Thanks.
Date
List pgsql-odbc

Hi,

   I installed the Postgresql ODBC drivers and when I try to test my connection I get “FATAL: role “postgres” does not exist”.

I am able to connect to PostgreSQL and use it in pgAdmin.

I tried adding a role for the user but PG returns it already exists.

I also added a role of a different user PGADMIN but that gave the same error.

I fully uninstalled PostgreSQL.  Deleted the directory postgresql in program files.

Fully uninstalled the ODBC drivers.

I installed PostgreSQL 13.

I installed the 13 ODBC drivers.

I am still getting the same error.

No bugs listed like this on https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-bugs/

Dr. Google suggests a role or username is lacking.  So I try adding a role but it says user postgres already exists.

I tried adding a second user.  No good trying the second user.

Please let me know your advice.

Best Regards,

Matt

Matt Russo | Enterprise Technical Support Senior Advanced

P: 813-600-3438 E: Matt.Russo@Quest.com erwin by Quest

Attachment