Re: Data Warehouse Reevaluation - MySQL vs Postgres -- - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Leeuw van der, Tim
Subject Re: Data Warehouse Reevaluation - MySQL vs Postgres --
Date
List pgsql-performance
-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Steinar H.
Gunderson
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 3:33 PM
To: PostgreSQL Performance List
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Data Warehouse Reevaluation - MySQL vs Postgres --

> On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 02:42:20PM +0200, Leeuw van der, Tim wrote:
> > - PostgreSQL 7.3 running on CYGWIN with cygipc daemon
>
> Isn't this doomed to kill your performance anyhow?

Yes and no, therefore I mentioned it explicitly as one of the caveats. When doing selects I could get performance very
comparableto MySQL, so I don't want to blame poor insert-performance on cygwin/cygipc per se.
I'm not working on this app. anymore and don't have a working test-environment for it anymore so I cannot retest now
withmore recent versions.

regards,

--Tim

> /* Steinar */