Re: Slow shutdowns sometimes on RDS Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christophe Pettus
Subject Re: Slow shutdowns sometimes on RDS Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
> On Sep 14, 2018, at 08:43, Jeremy Schneider <schnjere@amazon.com> wrote:
> So yeah, it's not common...

In our experience, it's actually quite common that an RDS shutdown (or even just applying parameter changes) can take a
while. What's particularly concerning is that it's not predictable, and that can make it hard to schedule and manage
maintenancewindows.  What we were told previously is that RDS queues the operations, and it can take a variable amount
oftime for the operation to be worked on from the queue.  Is that not the case?

--
-- Christophe Pettus
   xof@thebuild.com