Re: Is Diskeeper Automatic Mode safe? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From cb
Subject Re: Is Diskeeper Automatic Mode safe?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Nov 16, 2009, at 1:09 PM, Robert Haas wrote:

> I'm not sure what the answer is to your actual question, but I'd
> highly recommend upgrading to 8.3 or 8.4.  The performance is likely
> to be a lot better, and 8.0/8.1 are no longer supported on Windows.

Ugh, yeah, I'd love to upgrade but the powers that get to make that
decision have no interest in upgrading. So I'm stuck on 8.0.4, and
since I really don't do the PG support itself, I don't even get to
voice much of an opinion (I deal really just with making sure the
physical hardware is doing what it needs to do, which is where the
disk defrag comes in to play).

-chris
<www.mythtech.net>