Re: Is Diskeeper Automatic Mode safe? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From cb
Subject Re: Is Diskeeper Automatic Mode safe?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Nov 16, 2009, at 1:11 PM, Robert Schnabel wrote:

> I've been a Diskeeper customer for about 10 years now and consider
> it 'must have' software for Windows machines.
> <snip>
> So the short answer is yes, I have it running with PostgreSQL and
> have not had any problems.

So that seems to be a definite vote for it should be just fine.

I've read the other posts and I understand the concerns that were
raised. I may try to do some testing myself since other than the one
Yes there isn't anyone else jumping in to say they are doing it
safely. Of course there is also no one saying don't do it, just
statements of caution as it appears to be an unknown and has the
potential to cause problems.

It looks like to be really safe I should do some failure testing on my
end first.

Thanks to everyone for their input!

-chris
<www.mythtech.net>