Re: Woo hoo ... a whole new set of compiler - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chuck McDevitt
Subject Re: Woo hoo ... a whole new set of compiler
Date
List pgsql-hackers

I've done extensive coding in both C and C++, and I have to agree with
David.
C++ is "a better C", and if used properly, there isn't any performance
penalty.   C++ code has better checking from the compiler, and can often
be written in ways that make the code far more readable.

That said, getting people to change is definitely an uphill battle.  The
open-source community tends to be very focused on C, and very reluctant
to change.