Re: proposal for PL packages for 8.3. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: proposal for PL packages for 8.3.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>   Is it would be nice , if packages have been ;

>   1. Package level variables (Public variables)

is very hard for imlementation, and it's actually impossible. Needs large
changes in code
>   2. Package member level variables (Private variable)

I plan it, in every PL language
>   3. Public and private package members
?? I see sence only for functions. I don't wont supply schemas.

>4. Syntax must be as closer as plpgsql (declaration, assingment etc) rather
>than any syntax that we have to learn :-)
PostgreSQL support other languages than PL/pgSQL. We need universal syntax
for plperl and others too

Pavel

Najdete si svou lasku a nove pratele na Match.com. http://www.msn.cz/