Re: MySQL 5 comparison - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Ned Lilly
Subject Re: MySQL 5 comparison
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Merlin Moncure wrote:

> Putting my advocacy hat on,
> If you look at their description of the upcoming features, it's
> saturated with words like 'basic', 'initial', and 'rudimentary'.  I
> don't think mysql 5.0 will be a watershed moment where it will become
> the database of choice for industrial application development...

That reminds me of another, related question ... can anyone comment on the relationship between MySQL 5 and MaxDB
(formerlySAP DB)?  The talk at one point was that the end result of that alliance would be a total rewrite of MySQL to
incorporateconcepts from MaxDB, and that the new product would somehow be backward compatible with both predecessors.