Re: Adding an example for replication configuration to pg_hba.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Selena Deckelmann
Subject Re: Adding an example for replication configuration to pg_hba.conf
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 8:20 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Greg Smith's message of mié may 18 23:07:13 -0400 2011:
>> Two things that could be changed from this example to make it more useful:
>
>> -The default database is based on your user name, which is postgres in
>> most packaged builds but not if you compile your own.  I don't know
>> whether it's practical to consider substituting that into this file, or
>> if it's just enough to mention that as an additional doc comment.
>
> You mean the default username, not the default database, but yeah; so do
> we need a @default_username@ token to be replaced by initdb with
> whatever it has as effective_user?  (In this case the patch is no longer
> 2 lines, but still should be trivial enough).

That would be nice. So, we just add that token to initdb? Seems simple.

I added some explanation of the all vs replication bit in the header comments.

Revision attached.

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com