Re: Adding an example for replication configuration to pg_hba.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Adding an example for replication configuration to pg_hba.conf
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Greg Smith's message of mié may 18 23:07:13 -0400 2011:
> Two things that could be changed from this example to make it more useful:

> -The default database is based on your user name, which is postgres in
> most packaged builds but not if you compile your own.  I don't know
> whether it's practical to consider substituting that into this file, or
> if it's just enough to mention that as an additional doc comment.

You mean the default username, not the default database, but yeah; so do
we need a @default_username@ token to be replaced by initdb with
whatever it has as effective_user?  (In this case the patch is no longer
2 lines, but still should be trivial enough).