Re: Proposal to shutdown pgFoundry - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Proposal to shutdown pgFoundry
Date
Re: Proposal to shutdown pgFoundry  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-www
On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Cédric Villemain
<cedric.villemain.debian@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The alternative to providing forwarding is to keep pgfoundry up for a
>> year after we start telling people to move off of it, but gradually lock
>> out activity on pgfoundry.  That way there would be a transition period
>> during which the new locations for projects could climb the search results.

That's why the proposal gave a six month transition time and not
something shorter.

> At the end of this period, can we just make pgfoundry generated pages
> static, for memory and not to break links at all ?

That's not a good idea, as a) they won't point to the new projects and
b) will become steadily more out of date.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company