Re: Crediting sponsors in release notes? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Selena Deckelmann
Subject Re: Crediting sponsors in release notes?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi!

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Nasby, Jim <JNasby@enovafinancial.com> wrote:

> Related to that, the thought also occurred to me that it would be nice to also credit bug reporters in the release
notes(again, assuming that this doesn't produce too much extra clutter).

Tom tends to mention the bug numbers and a name in the commit message.
I imagine others do as well. I don't think that every bugfix is
reported in the release notes, but I could be wrong about that.

Someone could try to pull them out of the commit messages and report
back how easy/hard that was. Tom/Robert wrote a script to parse git
messages in a reasonable way (grouping the same commit message across
different major versions).

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com