Re: Performance issue with Insert - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jenish
Subject Re: Performance issue with Insert
Date
Re: Performance issue with Insert  (Tomas Vondra <tv@fuzzy.cz>)
List pgsql-performance
Hi,

DB : POSTGRES 8.4.8
OS  : Debian
HD : SAS 10k rpm

Shared_buffer is 4096 25 % of RAM , effective_cache is 8GB 75% of RAM

After insert trigger is again calling 2 more trigger and insert record in another table depends on condition.

with all trigger enable there are 8 insert and 32 updates(approx. update is depends on hierarchy)

Plz explain multiple connections. Current scenario application server is sending all requests.

--
Thanks & regards,
JENISH VYAS

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 5:37 PM, Kevin Grittner <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
Jenish <jenishvyas@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using postgres 8.4.x

With x being what?  On what OS and hardware?

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SlowQueryQuestions

> After insert trigger is recursive trigger.

So are you counting only the top level inserts or also the ones
generated by the recursive inserts?

> My question.
>
> How to avoid the bottleneck?

First you need to find out what the bottleneck is.

> Parallel processing is possible in Postgres? How?

To achieve parallel processing in PostgreSQL you need to use
multiple connections.

-Kevin