Re: PostgreSQL documentation on kindle - best practices? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: PostgreSQL documentation on kindle - best practices?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 4 April 2011 09:52, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
> On 04/04/11 1:47 AM, Harald Armin Massa wrote:
>>
>> my google-fu lead me to the following receipts:
>>
>> - create HTML documentation as single file, use Calibre to convert
>> - use downloadable HTML-documentation, convert via Calibre (minor
>> problems are reported, as in "wrong order of sections")
>> - download PDF and convert via Calibre
>> - download PDF and put on kindle
>>
>> .... 1-3 and use different conversion tools.
>>
>> So my question: has anyone found a best practice solution to convert
>> the PostgreSQL documentaiton into a kindle-friendly format? Or has
>> even an .azw file downloadable somewhere?
>
> if kindle can view PDFs, I dunno why you wouldn't use that, unless its a

The problem with PDFs are that they are fixed-size, in that you have
to zoom in and scroll around the page to read everything on a Kindle.
An e-book format would re-flow content to match the e-book reader and
allow the user to adjust text size.

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion