Re: Proposal to shutdown pgFoundry - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Proposal to shutdown pgFoundry
Date
List pgsql-www
2011/5/20 Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>:
> Excerpts from Dave Page's message of vie may 20 11:48:58 -0400 2011:
>> 2011/5/20 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
>
>> > I need to figure out what to do with pg_filedump.  All I need for it
>> > is an SCM and someplace to put release tarballs.  I'd prefer to use
>> > git.postgresql.org, but if there's nowhere for tarballs, that's not
>> > going to work.
>>
>> Hmm, that's a good example. It would certainly qualify to live on
>> git.postgresql.org using the criteria I have in mind, but I can see
>> the tarballs would be an issue. If we do keep git.postgresql.org for
>> trusted projects, then perhaps it wouldn't be such an issue to give
>> certain users from each one access to a server to upload tarballs into
>> the mirror network.
>
> So how does pgadmin deal with tarballs and installers etc?  Do they have
> their own server for that?

Yes. We use git.postgresql.org, and postgresql.org mailing lists. We
have our own dev server and webserver, and sync our release packages
onto the PostgreSQL FTP mirror from there. psqlODBC does something
similar, but does use pgFoundry for CVS and bug tracking.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company