Re: Is 1.14 supposed to behave differently when it loses connection? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Michael Shapiro
Subject Re: Is 1.14 supposed to behave differently when it loses connection?
Date
List pgadmin-support
My experience with lost connections is other tools also lose the connection (eg, psql, Dbvisualizer). It is either
Postgresitself dropping the connection or something between the me and the database, but I am certain it isn't PgAdmin
itself.<br/><br />The problem with 1.12 was crashes when connections were lost. 1.14 seems to have fixed the problem
class="gmail_quote"style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">Hey guys.<br /><br /> I have
hadthe misfortune  to try and work with pgadmin 1.12 on a<br /> remote database for the last couple of days and
experiencehas been<br /> miserable to say the least.  It frequently lost connection to the<br /> database, even pulling
upten or twenty records caused it to throw<br /> fits and lock up so I had to restart it.  Honestly it was unusable.
 I<br/> lost track of how many times I had to kill -9 the app because it could<br /> not perform even the simples query
withoutlocking up tight. Once it<br /> locks up it stays locked up for many minutes with a completely blank<br />
windowwhich does not refresh. After several minutes it comes up<br /> saying it lost connection and at that stage all
toconnect to the database and run<br /> the queries, examine the tables etc without problems but of course I<br />
missedall the nice things you get with pgadmin.<br /><br /> The reason I am using 1.12 is because there are no debs or
aPPA for<br /> 1.14 and 1.14 requires some libs that are not in the main repos for<br /> maverick.  I hope to upgrade
offirewalls for this problem<br /> but I am pretty sure that's not the problem. I can use psql just fine,<br /> I an
usesqlyog to connect to mysql on the same machine just fine. I<br /> don't lose connection to the machine using tora or