Re: Help - corruption issue? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Phoenix Kiula
Subject Re: Help - corruption issue?
Date
List pgsql-general
> System logs maybe?  Something about a process getting killed?  Have
> you tried turning up the verbosity of the pg logs?

Syslog has to be compiled with PG? How do I enable it? Where should I
look for it?

The documentation, whenever it mentions "syslog", always just assumes
the expression "If syslog is enabled". Well where do I enable it?  -
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/runtime-config-logging.html

Would appreciate some guidance on this.

> We gotta check one thing at a time really.
>
> If you copy the dir off to another machine and run pgsql 8.2.latest or
> thereabouts, can you then create the index?

I will try this. Transferring 106GB of data, even zipped, is a huge
ask and just the management will take over a day or so. I was hoping
we could do without this.