Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fixed string in German translation that causes segfault. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fixed string in German translation that causes segfault.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 15:36, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Magnus Hagander's message of mar jun 21 07:36:05 -0400 2011:
>> >
>> > IIRC this is exactly what git submodules are for. We could do a git archive
>> > only for translations as a submodule for our main git. That way translators
>> > would only clone the translation git, while we still have the translations in
>> > the source tree in the main git. At least this is how I think it works.
>>
>> AFAIK (but I could be wrong), git submodules requires the files to be
>> in *one* subdirectory. Our .po files are distributed all across the
>> backend. So we'd have to make (and backpatch) som rather large changes
>> in how these things are built in order to use that.
>
> If git submodules are so cool that we still want to use them, maybe we
> still can -- can a submodule be submodule of more than one module?  If
> so, we could create one submodule for each subdir that the translations
> are stored in (about 20 currently), and then have a pgtranslation
> meta-project that binds them all together as submodules.

Can you? Yes. But I doubt that would be very convenient to work with
that many submodules in general. If that's what we're looking at, what
we have now seems a lot more convenient.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/