Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fixed string in German translation that causes segfault. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fixed string in German translation that causes segfault.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Magnus Hagander's message of mar jun 21 11:01:58 -0400 2011:
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 15:36, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> > If git submodules are so cool that we still want to use them, maybe we
> > still can -- can a submodule be submodule of more than one module?  If
> > so, we could create one submodule for each subdir that the translations
> > are stored in (about 20 currently), and then have a pgtranslation
> > meta-project that binds them all together as submodules.
>
> Can you? Yes. But I doubt that would be very convenient to work with
> that many submodules in general. If that's what we're looking at, what
> we have now seems a lot more convenient.

Yeah, after reading the manpage, I think it would be pretty
inconvenient for us.  Maybe if we were starting from scratch it would
make more sense.

(The main pain point is that you can't have the meta-project I suggested
above: a submodule is un-updatable from the including tree, you have to
check it out separately.  So we would have to move all the po files
into a single dir, as you said.)