Re: Backpatching of "Teach the regular expression functions to do case-insensitive matching" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Backpatching of "Teach the regular expression functions to do case-insensitive matching"
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On mån, 2011-05-09 at 10:56 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>> I'm just shooting from the hip here, but maybe we could have a
>> separate (probably smaller) set of tests that are only designed to
>> work in a limited range of locales and/or encodings.  I'm really
>> pleased that we now have the src/test/isolation stuff, and I think
>> some more auxilliary test suites would be quite excellent.  Even if
>> people didn't always want to run every single one when doing things
>> manually, the buildfarm certainly could.
>
> Well, the result of "people don't always run them" is the rest of
> src/test/.  How much of that stuff even works anymore?

I don't know.  But I'm not sure I see your point.  The fact that we
haven't yet succeeded in doing something doesn't mean that it's either
impossible or unimportant.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company