Re: Backpatching of "Teach the regular expression functions to do case-insensitive matching" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Backpatching of "Teach the regular expression functions to do case-insensitive matching"
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On tis, 2011-05-10 at 15:48 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> > Well, the result of "people don't always run them" is the rest of
> > src/test/.  How much of that stuff even works anymore?
>
> I don't know.  But I'm not sure I see your point.  The fact that we
> haven't yet succeeded in doing something doesn't mean that it's either
> impossible or unimportant.

Yes, but doing the same thing again in hope of different results isn't
the right thing either.

I'm all for more test suites, but we should make them as widely
accessible and accessed as possible so that they get maintained.