Re: Why not install pgstattuple by default? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Why not install pgstattuple by default?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 8:54 AM, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndquadrant.fr> wrote:
> We've been talking about renaming contrib for a long time, but that will
> not cut it.  Classifying it and agreeing to maintain some parts of it
> the same way we maintain the core is what's asked here.  Is there a will
> to go there?

I'm game.  I doubt it'll be a lot more maintenance; we already pretty
much patch contrib when we patch everything else.  It'll just be
easier to sort the wheat from the chaff.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company