Re: 9.6 -> 10.0 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jonathan Katz
Subject Re: 9.6 -> 10.0
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi,

> On Mar 22, 2016, at 10:07 AM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> I've been ranting about this on Twitter for a while, and now blogged about it:
>
> http://people.planetpostgresql.org/devrim/index.php?/archives/89-9.6,-or-10.0.html
>
> There are major changes in 9.6 (some of them are listed in the blog post), and
> I think they are good enough to call this 10.0.
>
> A counter argument might be waiting for pglogical for inclusion, but I think
> the current changes are enough to warrant a .0 release.
>
> What do you think?

Perhaps we can use the “survey” feature on .org to get some quantitative feedback and see what the temperature is of
theoverall community for the upgrade.  I would be happy to put it together and help promote it.

Ultimately I think everyone is going to have their own opinion about what constitutes us to switch to the 10.x series.
Itmay be best to leave it up to -core to decide if we should roll over the first number.  This is not to squelch any
discussion,rather it’s to keep some perspective on the outcome :-)

Thanks!

Jonathan