Is it possible to do some damage to database with SELECT query? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Teemu Juntunen
Subject Is it possible to do some damage to database with SELECT query?
Date
Re: Is it possible to do some damage to database with SELECT query?
List pgsql-general
Hi,

is it possible to make a SELECT query with some nasty follow up commands,
which damages the database.

Something like:

SELECT *,(DROP DATABASE enterprise) AS roger FROM sales WHERE sales >
(UPDATE order SET order=1);

I know this wont work, but is there some possibility to modify database with
SELECT query?

I'm developing an ERP where I would like to implement a statistical program
where you can write your own SELECT queries.

Best Regards,
Teemu Juntunen