Re: Postgres becoming slow, only full vacuum fixes it - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Kiriakos Tsourapas
Subject Re: Postgres becoming slow, only full vacuum fixes it
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi Mark,

When the problem appears, vacuuming is not helping. I ran vacuum manually and the problem was still there. Only full
vacuumworked.

As far as I have understood, autovacuuming is NOT doing FULL vacuum. So, messing around with its values should not help
mein any way.

Thanks

> Given that vacuum full fixes the issue I suspect you need to have autovacuum set wake up much sooner, not later. So
autovacuum_naptime= 28800 or even = 60 (i.e the default) is possibly too long. We have several database here where I
changethis setting to 10 i.e: